Monday, August 9, 2010

Pride in every curve, bump, and roll.


I've been a big girl ever since elementary school. I got made fun of a lot, but I think that's what kids do. As I got older, the teasing settled, but my size was still extremely taboo. It got to a point where I never said any words that alluded to my body. My friends didn't either. I never said the word fat. I never said the words rolls, or heavy. I guess I kind of figured that if I didn't say the words, my fat would just... blend away.


I was sadly mistaken. But you know what? About three months after I graduated, I met a Fat Acceptance Activist who helped me become proud of the curves I have. I may not adore the body I live in, but I'm proud of it. It carries me from point A to point B. It's an able body, and it's taken me through a whole lot. It's been there for me through good times and bad times. It's taken me through really rough patches and back again. It's carried me through love, and heartbreak, and everything in between.


So yeah. I may not love my body fully, but I'm sure as hell proud of what it's been through.

No comments:

Post a Comment