Friday, May 28, 2010

I think falling in love with yourself is difficult.

I'm trying to learn to love myself in a healthy way. It's really not easy. I mean... anyone can love them selves to the point where they become self-important and arrogant... But to love yourself in such a way that actually makes you a better person?




Really. Freakin'. Hard.




I mean... I try to wake up each morning and compliment myself when I look in the mirror. I try to think positively about my accomplishments. I try to be confident and assertive... but all of these things are harder than they sound! While trying to do all of these things, I finding 5 negatives for each positive that I can come up with.




I really want to have a healthy relationship with myself. To learn to trust myself and be happy.




I just didn't expect it to be so difficult.




But you know, there're these moments where it all comes together. I look in the mirror and I can see beauty and confidence. Not only do I SEE it, I FEEL it.




Those moments have been rare so far, but they're totally encouraging. In those moments I can feel myself loving.... me. =) And they're worth it. Very much so.




I just have to keep it up.



-Khanny<3

1 comment:

  1. I know you can do it. I went through the same thing and I still do. It's a constant struggle when the world is telling you that you're not good enough. In reality, you're perfect.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete